We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to assist with development of the electrical
and electronic design and architecture of our products.
Your responsibilities will include design as well as integration into manufacturing
and final assembly processes. To do this job successfully, you will need exceptional
knowledge of industry best practices and ideally have experience in designing
electrical architectures for control systems, heating systems, printed circuits or 3D
You will be working with multi-disciplinary teams to develop electrical systems
designs and layouts in accordance with internal and other established standards.
You will define and develop electrical and electronic design and architecture.
You will perform engineering planning and tracking.
You will perform requirements analysis.
You will define and track technical performance metrics.
You will document electrical and electronic architecture and design.
You will document system integration, manufacturing and assembly planning.
You drive process excellence: leverage proven processes, share lessons learned andadopt best practices from other parts of the business or industry.
You will participate in and/or lead other related projects and tasks
- Bachelor of Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design, testing and support of electromechanical microprocessor systems.
- Experience with formal design and testing and design principles and methodologies for the manufacture (DFM) of a certified product (e. g. CE, CSA, UL, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the integration of sensors, actuators and motors in complex systems.
- Experience in the design, modelling and simulation of real-time control systems.
- Experience in the design and testing of prototypes.
- Excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Expert use of measurement tools (oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer) and experience in data acquisition.
- Basic soldering skills, including surface mounted components.
- Knowledge of architecture and/or electronic bus interfaces and/or data transfer and communication protocols.
- Experience with C, Python and at least one other language.
- A great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment and be committed to meeting deadlines.
- Communicate effectively (in writing and orally) with technical and non-technical members of engineering and management staff and staff assigned to related work.
- Experience and ability to solve difficult problems in an integrated engineering team environment.
- Have a high degree of initiative, adaptability and autonomy.
- Fluency in French (spoken and written).
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (we will pay the related fees - must be registered upon hiring).
The following qualifications are not required but we will give special consideration to candidates who possess the following competencies.
Experience in the design, testing and support of heating systems.
Experience in the simulation of circuits and control systems.
Experience in the design of printed circuits.
Experience in 3D printing or in a similar industry.
Experience in firmware/integrated programming.
Knowledge of quality standards, the audit process and related certifications (e. g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485, etc.)