We are looking for an experienced firmware developer who has written production code for mechanical systems making use of motors and sensors. You will be implementing new features and enabling better feedback and control of the machines using sensors, as well as improving the motion systems and robustness of the codebase.
Things we are looking for:
- Past experience writing production firmware for mechanical systems.
- Fluent with C/C++, and as a bonus, Rust.
- Familiarity with G-code.
- Experience with CAN bus, EtherCAT, Modbus, or similar.
- Strong opinions on how things should be done. We want you to be able to convince us of the right way to do things.
- Understanding of mechanical systems and generally comfortable with screwdrivers, wrenches, and getting hands dirty.
- Expert Linux/Unix knowledge.
- Bonus: Python and web experience!
- Ultra bonus: PCB design experience!