Full Stack Developer
Our projects span the whole stack and as such, having a deep understanding of each layer and how different components interface is crucial. You will have plenty of opportunity to work on all areas of our codebase and make significant changes that will help steer the company growth and make sweeping impacts for our customers.
To be successful in this role, you are comfortable in a small team setting, and you are a thoughtful and data-driven decision-maker.
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the growing codebase that powers and supports our machines.
- You will implement new features across the stack in firmware, the backend communication layer, and the frontend UI.
- You will work on the internal tooling that helps support the company and infrastructure (for updates, management, and logging).
- You will develop and present technical designs based on product requirements and feature requests.
- You will rapidly write code, tests, and interfaces that implement technical designs.
- You will demonstrate and present prototypes.
- You will stay up-to-date with current developments in additive manufacturing technology and be aware of how the printers work.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field of study
- Three years or more relevant industry experience
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with git-based workflows
- Familiarity with C, C++, or another low-level language
- Fully comfortable working in a shell on some flavor of *nix
- Experience working on a mission-critical codebase. We're not making rockets, but in some cases, our machines are making parts that do go in them!
- Excellent knowledge of technical language (English fluency is an asset)
- Independence and ability to multitask and prioritize
The following qualifications are not required but we will give special consideration to candidates who possess the following competencies
- Demonstrated good eye for design
- Familiarity with Docker, Flask, React, and SCSS
- Strong opinions on code and architecture with reasons to back them up!
- Experience in 3D printing or in a similar industry