Plant and Production Manager
AON3D is looking for a driven and experienced Plant/Production Manager to join our Montréal team in a full-time, permanent position. You will be responsible for overseeing all production, maintenance, and warehousing operations at our manufacturing facilities and ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are followed. You will develop processes that will maximize safety, quality, and productivity and will collaborate closely with supply chain, engineering, accounting, and customer support teams.
- Plan, organize, direct, and run day-to-day printer assembly and refurbishing operations in compliance with all company policies and relevant external standards/regulations.
- Take responsibility for production output, product quality, and on-time shipping.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Manage and provide a clear sense of priority, direction and focus to production staff.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and develop production team accordingly.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Commit to and ensure adherence to safety procedures.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure an effective return on assets.
- Support new process and product development and implementation.
- Address employee issues.
- Stay up to date with the latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement for all production staff.
- Support inventory and quality audits.
- Produce reports and other documentation as necessary.
- Relevant technical college certificate (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar manufacturing environment (with a minimum of 2 years managerial experience).
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations and management principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean, safety, quality, and manufacturing principles.
- Familiar with machine assembly equipment.
- Experience using ERP and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills with a hands-on approach and ability to meet short-term commitments while also still executing on process improvement.
- Ability to create employee accountability and to lead by example.
- Ability to organize and manage resources, including budgets.
- Strong team building, decision-making, leadership, and people management skills.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English (spoken and written).
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have initiative, get involved with positive energy and enthusiasm, and want to improve things.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in 3D printing, robotics, industrial machinery, or similar industry.
- Engineering or other technical university degree.
- Knowledge of quality standards, audit process, and related certification (ISO 9001).
- Experience with Odoo ERP