Senior Full Stack Developer
At AON3D, we are working hard to make additive manufacturing with high-performance engineering plastics a more accessible technology for engineers in all industries. As a Full Stack Developer at AON3D, you'll be responsible for developing and maintaining the growing codebase that powers and supports our flagship machine. We're looking for someone to work on all software aspects of our product - from machine firmware and low level motion control code, to the web client front-end. Since we're a small team, the position offers plenty of opportunity to make significant changes that will help steer the product, and cause significant impact for our users. The ideal person for this role is a problem-solver with a thorough understanding of mechanical and software systems and how they interact together, and someone who will take the lead on projects to drive innovation.
- Design, plan, and implement features from end-to-end
- Prioritize, execute, and distribute tasks for the software development cycle
- Code for back-end communication and logic layer and the front-end user interface
- Develop internal tooling that helps support company operations and infrastructure that our machines use for updates, management, and logging
- Stay up-to-date with current developments in additive manufacturing technology and be aware of how the machines work on a deep level - mechanically, electrically, and in software
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, or relevant field of study
- Five years or more of relevant industry experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with C, C++, or another low-level language
- Experience writing automated tests for various programs (e.g., front-end clients, servers)
- Fully comfortable scripting and operating in a shell on some flavour of Linux
- Experience deploying systems and services onto servers
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Ability to find and prioritize tasks and work independently
- Experience working on a mission-critical codebase. We're not making rockets, but in some cases, our machines are making parts that do go in them!
- Good eye for design and an interest in UI/UX
- Familiarity with Balena, Docker, Flask, React, and SCSS
- Experience with hardware products, or other DIY things (did we mention this is a hands-on position?)
- Strong opinions on design, code style, and architecture, with reasons to back them up!
- 3D printing experience!
Why Work at AON3D
AON3D is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of the additive manufacturing world, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry, from developing new processes for working with brand new high performance engineering polymers, to building new ways to enable machines to to precisely what is required for successful prints.