Many organizations are looking for face shields to for frontline healthcare and essential workers. We have already provided hundreds of face shields to local healthcare workers and are working with local health authorities; we encourage you to submit your request and we will do our best to provide support.
There are already many sites, forums, and social media efforts organizing people with access to 3D printers to support their local healthcare workers. Here is a list of some of those resources:
- A live thread of efforts, updated daily at 3DPrintingIndustry.com, and another at TCT Magazine
- 3D Printing COVID-19 Server – a voice and text chat app for organizing 3D printing efforts
- A Google Sheet with contact information for nearly 5,000 people looking to help with their 3D printers
- 3D Printing Unite for COVID-19 – a forum for finding people with 3D printers, or offering to help
- Canadian Government form asking businesses to help Canada combat COVID-19
- 3DHubs put together a manufacturing fund for giving, or receiving funding to help COVID-19 projects
Looking to 3D print protective face shields?
As there are already many sites, forums, and social media efforts organizing people with access to 3D printers to support their local healthcare workers, we wanted to help standardize the design efforts.
To avoid medical professionals and our front line workers from having to adapt to a multitude of designs from different sources, we hope that grassroots efforts adopt a common design to minimize chances of a negative user experience. As such, we have published our design, assembly instructions, MSDS, QC checklist, and all other documentation to help jumpstart others who want to get involved and help.
Request Protective Face Shields
We will do our best to support your need for protective face shields, or connect you with resources that will help find an organization or individual nearby who can.