Applications Specialist - 3D Printing
AON3D is looking for a full-time, Montreal-based Application Specialist who will provide presales and post sales application support to target companies. You will act as a consulting customer success agent in order to achieve and maintain ultra-high customer satisfaction. Your ultimate goal will be to bring deep thermoplastic materials and 3D printing understanding to help drive the success of client additive manufacturing initiatives and of our business as a whole.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have some experience or education in additive manufacturing, particularly FFF processing of thermoplastics. You have a curious mind and enjoy customer interaction and education. The ideal candidate has the ability to distill complex ideas into accessible language for our operators with a broad spectrum of technical experience. You will take an active role in driving your own knowledge acquisition and have the ability to thrive in a highly unstructured work environment.
If you are energized by this challenge, ready to roll up your sleeves and a pleasure to work with, we want to hear from you.
- Build and maintain and applications support image in the markets served by AON3D
- Provide application consulting and assistance to customers, including model assessment, material recommendations, process optimization, etc.
- Effectively resolve customer inquiries in a considerate, thoughtful, accurate, enthusiastic, and timely manner
- Create and maintain documentation so our customers and our team can easily find the applications information they need
- Support sales staff for pre-sale evaluation, including application assessment, material recommendations, and feasibility review
- Support proposal requirements and showroom related activities, including maintaining showroom machines in demonstration ready condition
- College diploma or post-secondary degree in science, engineering, additive manufacturing, or a related technical field;
- 1 to 5 years experience with FFF additive manufacturing and thermoplastics;
- Experience using FFF technology in an industrial application and/or for processing high-performance materials is an asset;
- Ability to efficiently manipulate programming software, modeling software, and MS office tools;
- Experience with Simplify3D and/or other slicing software is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in French and English (note that most of our customers are English speakers) and an ability to adjust tone, formality, and responses as needed;
- Additional language proficiency is considered an asset as we expand internationally;
- Ability to present a professional image and gain customer trust via technical knowledge, clear and effective training and logical troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent communication and influence skills to develop deep, lasting, and effective internal and external relationships;
- Excellent judgment; ability to ask intelligent questions and make quick, impactful decisions with regard to varying contexts;
- Natural empathy and the ability to understand, set, meet, and exceed customer needs.
Why Work at AON3D
• Be a part of building something historic
• We’re growing fast and there are many opportunities to grow into a supervisory role
• A casual work environment with a young and dynamic team: leave the suit and tie at home!
• All you can drink coffee from Café Union
• Dog-friendly work environment
• Team lunches, snack station, group activities, interest groups, and more!